Sunday, November 29, 2009

A day for memories

In Connecticut, it does not get this beautiful at the end of November.
The Sun was bright and strong.
A cool (not cold) wind whipped by and
for a moment I was transported to another time and place.
Houston taking a "Hunting walk" with my Dad near the Addick's reservoir.
I never was able to shoot the birds that we hunted, but the time with my Dad was well remembered and very pleasant.
I have been wondering about my posts from last year and there are not a lot of them, many do not make sense except that I was in recovery, hoping to get my eyesight back.
I seem to remember the time as a dark funnel, where I could only see a bit and everything was a struggle.
I still struggle, this latest bout with the flu showed me my energy is not yet where it might be (will it ever?) and that I did push too hard.
I am backing off now and there again is improvement in the vision in the morning.
I definitely have more stamina and that makes me feel good.
I do not think anyone could have told me this would go on so long.
I reexamined the MRI of the Tumor, it was not small 3.9 (maybe 4.2) cm x 7.7 cm.
It still is scary looking to me.
The last push at work has made me worry that I might have to write another paper, not to put a feather in my cap, but to warn people about what we found in the old farm land in North Stamford. That is also scary, but maybe needed.
I am going outside now and enjoy the rest of this gorgeous day.

7 comments:

betchai said...

i spent my first year in US at Connecticut, it was cold for me ( coming from the Philippines ) but I enjoyed my stay there, my colleagues could not believe me I was still running despite it was snowing, and I was from Philippines, the cold could not just stop me from being outside, thankfully, I did not get any flu there except my migraine was at its worse during the cold winter. hope you continue to recover.

Woman in a Window said...

I didn't realize where your sight issues originated. Scary indeed. You take care. There are more important things in life than work. Tip up to the sky and drink it in. Enjoy.
xo
erin

Barry said...

Enjoy this gorgeous day! You've earned it.

Lou said...

You do sound stronger today;) We had beautiful weather in Michigan also, it filled me with optimism and contentment.

Ileana said...

The day was beautiful here as well...but then again, I live in Florida. :)

I love how you're able to see the best in everything. It's what gives you your stamina.

Jeannette StG said...

it must feel so good to be well on the side of recovery! Hope the rest of the day was enjoyable!

Jeannette StG said...

I forgot to tell you - love your new header - hope there's no snow there yet where you live?