Sunday, November 8, 2009

It is Sunday

I woke up feeling like a kid on Christmas. went out side and thought; "this is such a beautiful day, perfect for finishing the floor...may be i should cancel the party? "
Of course not a chance would i do such a thing.
What I did do is finish my Hors D'Oeuvres plate, crackers with fresh basil (my own), olive oil, and fresh mozzarella cheese.I have a salad to make and 2 things to cook, salmon and the beef cubes.
The cooking will start just before 2 PM, which is a bit before everyone comes.
The salad, I will do soon.
This for me is not a birthday party, even though the date is synchronous, it is I survived to see 55 years after a very frightening and harrowing year (I think that those two words describe my emotions well).
I am not out of the woods yet, but I have survived and done so gaining more inner strength and in reality, I am not letting my work run over me (they seem to be trying very hard to do that).
I have also received my "official" letter from my doctor describing in detail the issues i am having, mostly with vision. She says this can occur for some time and make take more than a year to resolve.
I also was able to look up the kind of tumor which i had (a subependymoma) and discovered many interesting things concerning my recovery, most of which I have experienced and found to be somewhat dismaying.
Knowledge is helpful and in this case it brings me more peace and it helps those around me also.
They stress that recovery can take a number of years!
That puts a lot in perspective and is letting me relax a bit.
It also makes the amount that I am able to do, to say the very least amazing and remarkable.
I always wondered why the health care providers looked at me like I had 2 heads when I told them I was back to work.
It makes me laugh, it gives me joy. and i can be thankful for all of this!

7 comments:

Barry said...

However long it takes, the word "recovery" has a wonderful sound to it.

HAPPY 55TH BIRTHDAY!

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Happy birthday celebration to you. :-) It is a beautiful day. I am off to be with my Mom for her birthday - she is 86. I made home made meatballs and sauce and stuffed shells!! It is also the 7 year anniversary of my sister losing her oldest son. AND her first year remembering the day without her husband of 40+ years. It is a highly emotional day. phew.

I understand about 'knowledge'. For me? Some times I want to know more and at times I prefer ignorant bliss. :-)'

Happy Birthday

Love Gail
peace......

Annie Coe said...

Have a wonderful party! Yes, you are amazing to be doing all you do.

patty said...

Happy Birthday, and happy recovery!

Jeannette StG said...

Joey,
you've done amazingly this last year and you can be proud of yourself! Sorry, that I missed the party and the good food:)

Lori said...

Happy Birthday and a very Happy Recovery. Relax, laugh and thrive in the fact the you have joy in your life. Plus my friend, you can cook...hope your party is wonderful..

Unknown said...

Be thankful indeed my friend. And do NOT let those at work run you over. You have been through to much and have come too far for that.