Friday, November 6, 2009

Strange stuff

This morning, I was feeling okay and thought that would be a simple post. Maybe about the party on Sunday, maybe about the cold weather we are having and the beginning of the end of this beautiful season we call fall.
But no, having given a month and a half request that samples be brought in on Saturday and not Sunday, I am dismayed to be told they were coming in on Sunday.
I fought back and no one could say much about it. Either they would be rescheduled for Saturday or they would not be done at all.
Will it work, tomorrow may tell, but I am unsure.
If the samples are collected on Sunday, I will go in late, ti invalidate them and dump them and that was my threat and promise.
It is something I can do because each time I go in, I do a variety of tests that validates, temperature, possible treatment, time and storage. they are invalid without that.
I left at 1:15 PM with no assurance about anything, but it really did not mater to me.
Some where, some time, some way they are going to learn.

5 comments:

Grant said...

I've had a lot of last minute urgent requests dumped on me as well. Maybe it's a plot.

Unknown said...

In this case I am in absolutely total agreement, it is a plot.

Lori said...

That is a shame that you are doing positive work to help the environment and it seems the people you work with aren't as on point as they should be. Maybe this will teach them to have some respect for your time and show you a little more appreciation at work. Have a great weekend. Off to work this morning...go eat at Denny's. Have some pancakes...LOL>..

Barry said...

Or you're the victim of stupidity.

Serial stupidity.

There's a lot of that going around.

Scarlet said...

You're right, they will learn...somehow, someway.

Keep enjoying the beauty of fall and the hell with everything else! :)