Thursday, November 19, 2009

lessons

It was a strange and difficult day today with many things happening at once.
I had the opportunity to observe some of my closest friends handle the same kind of day and there was a lot to learn.
As many things were happening at once, they took time to be gracious, despite phones ringing and people coming at them from all sides.
You knew that you being there was important, to them. they did not brush me off because they were too busy.
I was trying to think how I handled things and in the chaos of being so busy, I am not sure, but I think I was showing a least some of those qualities and that is good and very important.
One asked permission to ask me a question, she did not have too, she is in that place in my life that she is allowed to say or ask anything of me. And that was graciousness and I was blessed.
I had reports for the other, that actually gives her more work, but despite having phones ringing and other people dropping others things on her desk, she motioned for me to stay to ask how I was doing. that was intense.
In the middleo f mindless bureaucrats, it is nice to know that there are others who care.

3 comments:

Ileana said...

This woman knows what's important in life and she values you...and you know how to appreciate it. It's all good! I'm glad you had a highlight in your busy day.

Jeannette StG said...

taking time to be gracious - that's a skill:) Am glad you have this person in your life.

Barry said...

There are good and caring people out there.

And here in blogger-land as well.