Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Paths

What was once clear, has become cloudy and unclear.
The straight well marked path, has become rocky and is no longer clearly marked.
All these things take time.
I was unaware how important I was and the numerous obstacles that my work would place in my path for me to leave.
Even being out sick with this flu, they were looking for me.
It seems funny, in a comical way, but there is much more to life than work and those things are becoming clearer.
This is also funny, because the constant coughing left my vision and balance a true mess and at best, I could stay in bed away from everyone else.
I do feel a bit better, but my doctor was clear, if you are still coughing (which I am) Stay home.
I am becoming obedient.

4 comments:

Barry said...

Sometimes it's good to obey doctor's orders.

This would seem to be one of those times.

Besides your work is beginning to realize just how valuable you are.

Lou said...

I also was thinking that perhaps your work does not want to lose your expertise. They do not want the hassle of finding someone of your caliber. That said, you know intuitively what is best for you.

Jeannette StG said...

I had the sense that you had that role at your job - can't be sick, can't take vacation, etc. Well, they just have to learn to do it without you for a week, LOL!
Hope you still can celebrate the thanksgiving though you were planning...maybe wear a mask? (just kidding)

Ileana said...

Funny how a little time away, resting and recuperating, will put things in perspective for you. I hope you enjoy more of your life outside of work once you are completely better.

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!!