Monday, December 14, 2009

a sticky web.

i awake, with the tendrils of last nights dreams caressing my face,
sticking to my waking mind like spider webs caressing my face.
They are not unpleasant, but bring me to tears.
My kitty cat of 17 years was there,
talking to me ...
as only a cat may to those who are possessed by them.
"It is not time yet", he said,
"but soon, it will be".
In the dream, I tried to coax him back,
with pieces of fresh lobster, some kind of supreme treat, I guessed,
But he stayed away,
"Not yet, but soon."
"Be patient."
How of't I have heard these same words in my life.
for the finishing of my recovery, for the desire for a companion, for a change in location.
I woke not knowing if I should cry or rejoice.

7 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Oh my, such powerful insight and reflection. I am deeply moved by your visions that are of your soul and spirit - you are ever changing, growing, remembering and becoming. I say, rejoice!!!

Love to you my friend
Gail
peace.....

Ileana said...

I've woken up with the same type of uncertainty and confusion after an emotional dream...and I'm usually melancholy for the rest of the day afterwards. Funny how that works.

Peace to you, my friend...and sweet dreams! xo

Mark said...

All comes in time and that which comes is that which we attract.

Jeannette StG said...

Your companion for years, told you, "Soon"...that's something to hold onto!!

Shelly Rayedeane said...

Keep your chin up. You survived for a reason. You are here for a reason.

When you realize this, all pain will disappear.

I'm going to add you to my sidebar link. I hope you don't mind.

I hope you have a Merry Xmas.

Lori said...

Joey that was truly beautiful. I, too, get very lonely and the holidays are rather hard this year. I believe that when you are meant to have a companion it just "happens". You have a very kind and gentle soul. I pray for your recovery constantly. Always listen to that little voice, as it is usually right. Be well....

Woman in a Window said...

Joey, the warmest hugs. Your honesty is recognized and you are appreciated. Enjoy the day.
xo
erin