Sunday, January 17, 2010

Darkness crawls

I think i have gone a bit nuts as of late, all my thought come out as verse and metaphor...

Like a panther croaching, waiting fot its prey,
it stalks my mind and heart waiting.
No, no, it croaches on my heart,
keeping still its captive prey.
Torn and bleeding from things torn asunder,
my heart still cowers.
It was twice,
years apart it found joy,
another whose hearts
and souls
and bodies intertwined with its own.
They were lost,
not by some gentle breeze,
blowing 2 ships apart.
No they were torn asunder by that black cat of death.
Ripped from my grasp with nary a word to say
and no hope to recover.
That wound twice borne, lies deep.
They say it is better to love and lost thane never to have loved at all,
but is it?
Thee is no desire for some simple intermingling of bodies,
no the heart wants more and yet is fearful of that dark panther croaching and waiting on its door.
Freedom comes from a surprise.
Even the panther is taken a back.
For death came knocking and did not hold onto that heart
and even the panther slinks away.
The, no, MY heart still looks for that thing.
I still search,
but i WILL,
find it on some sunnier day.

10 comments:

Al said...

Thought provoking, you can write well my friend.

BTW thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my Dad.

AL

Annie Coe said...

Stunning. Joey, nothing ever dies, ever. I believe it is better to love. xoxo

Libby said...

joey, this is beautiful...very hopeful!

Unknown said...

Sometimes I do not know what I am really writing about until the end. At first i thought the panther was death, but it was only the hurt and pain of losing the two people who have come into my life where there was a complete joining of beings, to death. My own near death (twice) brought me out of the clutches of that pain into another place.
Thank you all for your comments.

Tes said...

This is beautifully written, Joey! You have a gift. I am mesmerized. I too know the pain of loosing someone so dear. "No, no, it croaches on my heart..." You have not gone nuts, my friend...you just happen to have alert, alive, attuned senses... dancing into life... whether it be in the tune of joy...or... pain. :) Keep writing, Joey!

Lou said...

I think you will find "it" some sunnier day.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Powerful writing. And I love the 'promise' in your words - that from the depth of darkness and pain you still will search and you believe will find love again.

Took my breath away.

Love Gail
peace.....

patty said...

You will find it, Joey. I know you will.

betchai said...

sometimes, it takes us to go nuts to come up with powerful writing as this one, i really admire it. and no, you're not nuts :)

JTG (Misalyn) said...

Another powerful writing...so mesmerizing. Continue writing Joey. You are gifted.....a great poet indeed.