Thursday, January 28, 2010

Twisted

I have made mountain out of molehills
and
I have made molehills out of mountains.

It does seem strange how twisted this all is...
for the things I believed would be the most difficult
are not.
And those very simple things become,
well at best...
complicated.

How very twisted!

The Tsunami did engulf me this week...
I did see it coming,
but it was not from where I expected,
that situation was a mere ripple, it worked out.

From other areas it came engulfing me,
little things of no consequences...
that left me breathless and angry...
and swallowed me up.

But I am here
and that is good.
Drenched, but still standing.
Breathing, but heavily because I thought my breath had run out.

Still, I am
________Smiling, I am.
___________________Surprising people and laughing,
I am.

3 comments:

Annie Coe said...

Life is funny that way. You never know how things are going to go and I find, for me, that things usually go different than I think they will.
xoxo

krista said...

oh my, i love this. LOVE LOVE THIS.
i just read it out loud a few times to myself and it felt so wonderful filling up the room.

Unknown said...

That was very nicely done. I do hope it's nothing too serious that you can't work out of.