Tuesday, January 26, 2010

alone

There have been a few difficult days at work, not because of my physical well being (which has not been great), not because my eyes were giving me grief (they were, but that is besides the point), and not because i am emotinoally distraught from other things (okay, i am that also, but still not my issue).
The problem seems to be no one seems to want to work any more. 
Do the bare minimum and that is all there is to it. 
Do no more, have no vision, no interest, no curiosity, no compassion.
It bothers me because as i struggle with all my physical issues, I am trying to do just a little bit more.
Responsibility seems to be my theme, as much as I can take as I try to get better.
Sometimes I feel like I am alone in this.

6 comments:

Tes said...

When we blog, we shout out to the universe our concerns. Most often than not, we are heard. Sometimes, I feel the same way in the workplace -mediocre... Well, here we are, you're not alone...

Barry said...

You're not alone.

But there aren't as many of us as I hoped.

Ileana said...

Barry is right. Unfortunately, there are a lot of slackers out there, but in the end, you're the one that makes the difference and feels it, too.

Lou said...

Our work ethic is like our personal values. We do what we think is right no matter what others are doing. But sometimes it can be frustrating...

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

A society of entitlements - I am NOT a member! :-)

Love you
you are not alone...
Gail
peace.....

krista said...

gail summed it up perfectly.
'a society of entitlements'...
keep fightin the good fight.
xo