Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Watch for tears

I don't normally put links on my posts, but I will amke an exception today.
A friend send me this U-tube video of an artist creating a story in pictures linked to a music production using a light box and sand.
I was impreseed.
Take a look and enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=vOhf3OvRXKg

So in the meantime, between my own personal struggles and then finding I am am to better relate to others who have similar things happening to them, I took some one who was basically out of food for herself and 3 children.
They were embarrassed, did not want to ask for things, would not put staples that they had in the house in the cart and cried all the way home because...
It was a decision that my household and I made, even tho the person is my friend.
Because of my own needs, I understood everything they were going through.

5 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

Very profound video, loved it. AND, equally moving random act of kindness on your part. :-)

Love you
Gail
peace.....

Libby said...

hi joey--you did a very good thing today, & only good things happen when you do that! hugs!

Grant said...

Why would they need staples? Paperclips are much better. :p

Good karma on you. Hopefully it will bring the elusive J-bunny into your life.

Ileana said...

A friend sent me the link a while back and I thought it was AMAZING! What talent!

I love how you keep on giving! Your soul is better for it. :)

Woman in a Window said...

My kids and I just watched it together. When the audience was crying my kids asked why. I said it was because they understood war because it most likely touched their lives directly. We talked about how we are lucky and war doens't touch us directly, but why we have to be aware. My kids are seven and nine. Thank you for this opportunity.
xo
erin