Wednesday, February 3, 2010

North Wind

A cold North wind is blowing.
It howls through the houses.
Last night the snow fell again,
covering everything in a blanket of white.
In THE City yesterday,
more good news;
From really bad tests in Sepatember,
The doubleness of my vision continues to improve.
While the doctor agrees that work is where i am worn down,
it no longer inhibits my progress.
The recovery delayed,
is now a work in progress.
I use what the lab has to do my eye exercises.
The circumstances of difficulty, to grow.
I still ask for help,
but I get no answers.
It angered me once and at times still does,
but I struggle through it now and do the best i can,
i can do no more than that.
The cold north wind blows strong today,
I,
I sit by a warm fire.

5 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

It's comforting to know that your eyes are improving, and that you have a fire when the wind is howling outside!

Mark Kreider said...

Hi Joey,
I heard about you from Matthew Houskeeper's blog. You paint beautifully! I hope that you continue to mend and gain back all that you have lost, learn from and be a richer person for the experience of it all. I wish you well fellow traveler.
Mark

Barry said...

Snuggle up Joey and stay warm, while the North wind blows.

I'm glad your eyesight continues to improve.

Ileana said...

Good news is great news! I'm happy to hear about your progress. I love the sound of the wind (associated with winter, not hurricanes), and I especially enjoy sitting by a warm fire. Peace and joy to you, my friend. xo

Tes said...

Sitting by a warm fire sounds cozy and relaxing...