Thursday, March 11, 2010

The sand pit

As straggle along through the days recently,
I have no idea what is coming up.
I know very little except whatever comes my way,
I will face it head on, without flinching.
There is uncertainty everywhere,
but I am standing firm.
Maybe no one else likes what i have to say or how i have decided to live.
That is okay, for me, it is the truth.
knowledge guides me.
Love guides me.
There is no conflict.
There is no anger, just the need to be firm.
Arguments are useless, they can not change my mind.
Truth and love can change me at a whim, but without those..
Do not mess with me.

5 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey-

Your words ring so true for me. I, like you, must stand firm. Sometimes that is easier said than done. I had a 'firm' moment of clarity the other day - I found it to be very empowering. Seems like this is true for you, as well.

Loving you
Gail;
peace.....

Jeannette StG said...

Yay, Joey, way to go! They shouldn't mess with you!

Ileana said...

Truth and love are priceless. They can make us do anything!

Woman in a Window said...

Your strength does frighten me just that little bit for it is real and substantial, but commendable and that love can change you at a whim, now there reveals your softness. Beautiful poem, Whitemist. Have a wonderful day.

xo
erin

Barry said...

I love the last two lines, Joey. We all need a badge with that motto on it.