Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This fear

This fear pervades my soul greatly.
It runs deep to my core for i do not understand
the anger
and the hatred
and the jealousy that exists in this world.
They talk without knowing, confusing fear with truth
and the two can not mix.
Misunderstandings
and confusion
and separation rues this land.
I do not understand.
What have I said,
what have I done?
I am only but me and no other.
Not the hypocrite,
not the bully,
just only me, a confused child grasping to live.
Come take my hand, walk with me a while.
Let us find a place to stand and see the beauty of this world...
away from this fear.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey-
ow. I am with you, holding your hand, walking and seeing not only the beauty around us but the love and kindness we share.

Love Gail
peace.....

Lori said...

Hatred and Jealousy...Two very dirty words. They seem to go hand in hand many times. So for the people I meet, like you, who don't harbor those types of feelings towards their fellow man, it is a gift and an affirmation that there is still good in the world.