Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Everyone was on "happy" pills?

I remember when...
the trees were blooming 
and i did not see them.

I remember when...
the flowers smell beautifully 
and i did not see them.

I remember when...
there was a cool breeze...
but there was no smile on my face.

Toady, that is not so,

I see the trees blooming,




and smell the blooming flowers,

and feel the wind on my face,

caressing it softly like a lovers touch

and i smile.


Today, I though everyone took happy pills.
It has been a very busy 2 days at the lab and lots of things have been accomplished and many new directions made.
When i left, i was tired, but glad.
On leaving, on the side walk were two men, just laughing and carrying on in a very jovial way.
They were not drunk or high, i smiled.
Further down a man was being encouraged while riding his wobbly bicycle, by another, who may have been a bit tipsy, i smiled
Strangers were saying hi, which in this town is unusual and  i immediately responded back.
It was a good walk back. 

9 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

If they were on happy pills then the world needs a big ole fat jar of 'em. Nice when that happens.

xo
erin

Al said...

I saw the beautiful flowers and it made me smile too!

Eng said...

that's what this world needs...happy pills!

...i love the prose, a happy ending - i always love happy ending!

eng

Kevin McKeever said...

We got back from vacation Saturday and I was amazed how so many flowers and trees can into bloom in the week we were gone. Nature is awesome.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

I felt what you felt, saw what you saw. :-) My lilac bush is blooming - the sight and aroma are miraculous.

Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Grant said...

If the pills don't give you happy, add booze.

Barry said...

Hmmmmmm? People being nice, friendly? Sounds downright suspicious to me.

Must be some nefarious scheme going on. lol

Don't worry, be happy.

Unknown said...

It is unusual in that town but if people were on happy pills, ride with it.

Brenda's Arizona said...

Maybe Spring is another name for Happy Pills? I wonder... your photos are colorful - and your thoughts are so true.