Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Puzzles

Abstract logic, etc... that is what they said i was good at when they did the tests in grade school.  Despite a teacher who said i would never amount to anything in math or sciences, i frustrated my algebra teachers by intuitively knowing the final answer when asked to solve complex algebraic equations.
This is good, because with what i see now, everything is a puzzle to be solved on the fly....is that a bus coming don the road that i must catch? or is it an SUV?
Little pieces of confused pictures come to my mind and i come to a conclusion, yes no or wait till it gets closer.
Is that a step or a shadow?  That is an important one, but with double vision, depth perception is gone and i must look for other clues.
I do not always get it correct and so i have fallen, but rarely.
Watering eyes, running nose from extreme allergies make like just that much harder.
Strange vision, coupled with hearing from only one ear (from childhood) make my sense of where a noise is located difficult at best, yet, I have not been hit by a car crossing the street!
Maybe because i take the most secure timing to do so, but in this town, with our self important drivers, nothing is ever safe.
So work is also a puzzle and peoples reactions are also a puzzle.  I do not understand my boss.
I can have compassion like never before on people who are facing serious issues, environmentally.
The product is everything is even more of a puzzle than ever!

5 comments:

Grant said...

Wouldn't it be easier to just go blind? That way you could carry a cane (think: club) and then you could bring your doggy inside wherever you go.

Note - I have my own illness-related vision issues, so I know the thought of going completely blind sucks.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Your world of puzzle pieces is a bit like the 'Twilight Zone' and yet you are so amazingly adept. I so admire your outlook and approach.

Happy rainy Tuesday.....

Love you man
Gail
peace.....

betchai said...

i agree with you that everything is a puzzle, and it helps a lot if we have logical mind and stay on the safe side :) i do not know where we can walk safely free from heartless drivers :(

Ileana said...

You turn what puzzles you into poetry. I love how you view life. :)

Jeannette StG said...

I didn't realize that also your depth perception was gone! Must be tiring sometimes to solve these puzzles daily! Just take things easy, my friend!