Friday, May 7, 2010

Life's gifts

They came into my life bearing gifts.
They did not know it, but they were there with those gift,
and i accepted each one as it came,
with graciousness, humility and above all thankfulness.
any times the emotions of those thoughts were misunderstood
and soon they went away,
but they left those gifts behind.
Those gifts that i still cherish,
even tho they who gave them, are gone.
Will they return with understanding?
I do not know,
i only know that for the time we had,
I was thankful!

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Lovely sentiments about gratitude - and holding precious what other's give and leave us with to remember them by.

Love Gail
peace.....

Grant said...

And speaking of gifts, my birthday is in one week.

JTG (Misalyn) said...

A powerful poem about your sentiments. I like the way you put your thoughts into poetry.