Sunday, June 13, 2010

accepted and a loss of one more fear.

Apparently. I have been in a conquering mood lately.
Last night i dealt with a fear of falling because i danced at a friends party.
Yes, i was requested to get up and dance and i was afraid of tripping on my own 2 feet, but i did manage it.
Te ladies were kind and did not mind that sometimes i knocked into them (or did they knock it me?) and it took a bit to get myself balanced.
Somewhere i found myself getting lost in the beat of the music and my feet took over.
That is all it took and i amazed myself that i could still do it.
The large party of people were very gracious of having someone they did not know be with them for this birthday celebration, but apparently they had been told i was coming and were very hospitable.
I stayed out late for me now (11:30) and stayed quiet until 8 in the morning.
All was good!

3 comments:

Grant said...

You just need a good mosh pit. Nobody minds if you bump into them there.

Gail said...

HI JOEY

Great share. I am thrilled you went to the party and that you danced. I know the precious meaning in that - and to that I say "dance like nobody is watching" (5-6-7-8)!!!!

Love you man
Gail
peace and hope....

Woman in a Window said...

youdancedyoudancedyoudancedyoudanced!

today i set out for a run, Joey. i'm not a runner. one foot then the next then the next then the next. breathe breathe. i watched my body amazed that it could move. amazed that i could breathe. amazed that i didn't die. ha! it is a good good thing to use these bodies.

youdancedyoudancedyoudanced!

xo
erin