Sunday, August 29, 2010

More quiet

Is it the calm before the storm?
or is it the beginning of some much need quiet time?
I can not say, but today for the first time ...
in a long time, i sat quietly on the porch,
most worries leaving my mind,
clearing my heart.
I was rewarded with wonderful gifts,
a hummingbird stop to taste the bright flowers,
a band played off in the near distance,
celebrating  in a parade.
This i need,
for my mind has worn thin,
and my heart too troubled.
It is time for rest.

2 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

oh time for quiet is so important to life. I am in healing mode form my set back and my fall (see last 2 posts). I am just starting to emerge, ever so slowly. Be still my friend and savor evey thing around you.

Love to you
Gail
peace, hope and healing.....

Kevin McKeever said...

Welcome home, Joey K. See you at the happy hour, right?