Thursday, October 14, 2010

Chili cook-off

It actually startled me, but there was this sigh
and it created confusion in me.
A chili cook-off,
at the local unitarian church,
befitting the local food bank.
I was mesmerized and conflicted.
I wanted to participate,
but i had not cooked for other than family.
I am scared,
really.
I signed up.
Saturday,
October 23rd
12 to 3 PM,
Admission is $10 or $5 with a bag of non perishable food.
It all helps the food bank of lower Fairfield County (yes there are hungry people here)
Come,
taste my chili,
see if i can cook.

5 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

If I were closer I definitely would come, and I'm regretting missing your chili! From having read your past cooking experience, you don't have ANYTHING to worry about!

Bruce Coltin said...

As it happens, I have a brother-in-law in Stamford, who knows you and likes chili. Small, small world.

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

I love that you have entered the chili cook off, I hope you win. :-)

Love you man
Gail
peace.....

Brenda's Arizona said...

Oh, to live closer and be there to sample!

Joe Gonzalez said...

Hi everyone!
This is Joe Gonzalez, the event organizer. A couple of minor changes to the lineup! There will be 10 amateur contestants and one restaurant, Black Bear Saloon, competing in this year’s event. Lots of interesting chilis on tap this year, its going to be a great event! Admission is a suggested donation of $10, or $5 if you bring a bag of non-perishable food to donate to the Food Bank. Above all, please remember to bring a bag of food, as we would like to continue our successful support of the Food Bank, which needs our help this year more than ever. See you Saturday, and good luck Joe! Great to have you on board this year!
Joe G.