Sunday, October 10, 2010

surprise

Fall came quickly,
with plenty of warning,
but the frost,
I was not quite ready for.
So out come the tomato plants
and this where the surprise was.
They were loaded beyond belief.
I planted many,
there more volunteers,
beefsteak, heirloom, plum, grape and cherry.
one I still do not know the type, but small round and red with green stripes, but very delicious!
I harvested many, many
and now I have many more green ones.
All is not lost - green fried tomatoes with onions, garlic and spicy pepper.
Green tomato salsa, boiled, then slow cooked with cilantro and salt and chilies.
This should be fun!

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-

Happy Autumn" to you. Your tomato recipes sound so delicious. mmmmm enjoy the process - I can hear and see and smell it all from here,.

love you man
Gail
peace

Bruce Coltin said...

Please send me a jar of the salsa. I will eat it with a spoon.

Woman in a Window said...

Joey, I bet your home smelled beautiful full and bursting!

xo
erin