Friday, October 8, 2010

changing seasons

The heavy rains which swept through,
have cleaned the last remaining pieces of summer.
The beginning of autumn,
with cool nights and mornings
and warm days has arrived.
In time for pumpkins
and mums
and the changing colors of the leaves.
Summer is no more
and winter will approach,
but before the cold and bleakness
an explosion of color and festivities.
Trick or treaters will soon come,
in all of their fantasies of costumes.
Cooler winds, but still a warm sun.
It is a good time of year.

2 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

Yup, I bought a pumpkin this week, because the smaller ones sell out fast here! Kind of festive orange -helps me to get in the mood for the December holidays:) Enjoy your weekend, Joey!

Woman in a Window said...

It is the best time of year. I am careful with my eye about it, gobbling it all up. (And later, my children's Halloween treats!)

xo
erin