Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Walking into a trap, with my eyes wide open

I am planning to walk into a trap.
It will find me deficient,
wanting,
but life is not about being right
or wrong,
it is about living.
In the past,
in my youth,
i must be right
or there would be terrible consequences.
And so i always sought to have an answer,
ready,
that could withstand initial scrutiny.
It saved me many times.
Now i find i must deal with my lack,
my loss,
my mistakes.
It is troubling me
and i seek to make it okay.
I am walking into a trap
and i will be wrong,
incorrect
and found wanting,
it will be okay.

4 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY

wow, very mysterious, with great intrigue. Inquiring minds want to know!!

love you man
Gail
peace....

Unknown said...

This sounds on the surface where I am at and it's not pleasant. At least not for me.

Unknown said...

Ah Gail, the trap is a real one, in the physical, but it is all about the emotional.
Theriddle continues with the following:
If one has done all they should do,
all they can do,
should one still feel "wrong" or guilty about failing or failing short?

Woman in a Window said...

Not guilty at all, I should hope.

We are all just a little short to reach the tree. How 'bout you climb on my shoulders and we'll get some apples?

xo
erin