About Me

My photo

Born a Texan, but traveled the US extensively.  Now staying on the East coast.

Monday, January 17, 2011

The use of experience

As i have struggled with the issues surrounding my mother and planning a trip down, i have been told consistently it is mostly her attitude.
Her quality of life is poor and i do not blame her for feeling this way, but gently i asked her how she would have felt if i had "given up".
Granted i am not her age, but it does look like i will be dealing with what has happen for the rest of my life.
I have gotten depressed, i understand deeply why.  I have spent many hours now working on the phone with many proffesionals and the situation does not look as bad as i thought, except...
there is the fairly consistent attitude that she wants to die.
She has used it for over 2 years now and not in a good way,
Now it is probably true and i am working on it the best i can.
Post a Comment