Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blindsided

or sucker punched.
My Mom has been saying she is dying (not an unreal statement, we all are) for over two years.
She has used that, along with her sister's not always accurate portrayal of my mom's health to try to push me.
I have been trying to get well enough to travel and i did it once in September.
She then at a cold, did not see a doctor and it went into pneumonia.
For an 88 year old, that is never a good thing.
It feels as if she has stopped trying to manipulate and the truth is there, for whatever time she has left, she needs 24 hour care.
And it is my lap to tie up all the loose ends so this can happen.
I know all the horror stories and i am not real happy about this.
I am exploring other options.
This is not easy.

4 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

I'm sorry, Joey. Worry on your mom. The stuff will take care of itself one way or another in time. Or so I hope.

xo
erin

Gail said...

JOEY-

oh my, such a difficult and demanding situation. Pleae utilize all resources to assist - the VNA will evalutate and make recommendations and make referrals too. There are home health aids and so forth for her basic care, as well. I am praying for you and her too. I understand all too well - as you know.
Love Gail
peace.....

Bruce Coltin said...

Do what you need to do, without losing yourself in the process. These things never end cleanly, but they do end. Take care.

Lori said...

Joey,

Just been catching up on your blog and so sorry to hear about your mother. I know your plate will be full for awhile. Do the best you can as that is all you can do. You were there reading me when my husband was dying from cancer and I shall be there for you as well. Good luck and God Bless...