Monday, August 15, 2011

Going through stuff...

Quite litterly.
I brought back a huge box full of "paper work" from the storage facility on a recent trip to Virginia.
The storage room overwhelmed me, so much stuff and then i got a huge bax of stuff to go through when i came back home.
I was looking for something specific, but found trash and treasure and something which would end up helping me with what i was looking for.
My mom never threw anything out, so there were reciepts from Golden Corral from 1997.
Then there was here Red Cross First Aid certification card from 1947.
Then there was a photo copy of the Ellis Island record from when my Grandmother (who i never met) came to the US.
Everything was overwhelming and difficult.
So i have been going through stuff and finding much treasure.

4 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY-\Oh such a wonderful exploration with hidden treasures waiting to be found. Bittersweet.
Love you man
Gail
peace......

erin said...

what riches. sometimes, what weight. and other times, roots.

xo
erin

Pheromone Girl said...

I am a clutter hater. So much so that I've been known to throw out things that were near and dear to the heart of someone in my house (oops).

Sounds very overwhelming but somehow charming. The Ellis Island photocopy is priceless, love it.

Lori said...

I am a saver of many inane and some important things. You must have been a tad overwhelmed but the Ellis Island photocopy must have struck a deep chord. I don't know if you have ever made a scrapbook but I just started one so one-day if my children find it maybe they will see life through my eyes. Be well and at peace...Much love from Pa