Wednesday, January 25, 2012

i do not like getting up in the morning

it is not because i am lazy
nor is it because i don't want to go to work,
(tho the later might be true some times).
No it is because when i wake up,
my face and eyes are toward a wall, not more than a foot away
and as i open my eyes
everything i see for that instant is single.
That changes when i turn around and face the wall that is ten feet from me,
I always turn back,
but in order to get moving, i must go the other way
and i don't want to.

every day is a struggle
but that struggle means we still live
and by some chance might encourage
someone.

4 comments:

Salitype said...

I don't like getting up in the morning either. Thankfully I have a family who gives me the reasons to get up and get going!

Chay

erin said...

someone
some thing
perhaps even ourselves)))

xo
erin

Lori said...

There are mornings that I would just like to pull my covers over my head and pretend the new day hasn't arrived. But we just push ahead and get going. Thank God for inner strength. :)

Shionge said...

It is good to laze around sometimes and I hope you'll be inspired everyday to get up 'bright & shine' :D