Friday, January 13, 2012

Playing peek-a-boo with the moon



now you see it

Now you don't




Walking in today was fun,
the gibbous moon was playing peek-a-boo through the clouds.



A Friday is nice,
but I am confused,
this is January,
it feels like March.

The wild wind,
blowing the clouds around.

My normal walk,
what surprise do I find today at the Mill river bridge?

Tap, tap, tap, my cane goes and then
"Clang, clang,
wood on metal.
Another game that has been played,
 close the bridge,
someone else opens it.

Close the bridge,
 a resident of Stamford,
a pedestrian,
cuts the fence and it is open yet again.

Today, there is something different,
a metal bridge on the bridge, covering the “failed” part and the bridge is opened again, officially.

It is dark again, the moon is hiding and the sun is not up yet.

A bright light from an open store makes me wobble,
I lose my balance,
I do not fall,
that is what the cane is for.

 Friday the 13th, not a bad start to the day.

The wild wind brought winter back.
A bit of snow,
only flurries rushing past

If this post seems a bit disjointed, so is the weather!

2 comments:

Lou said...

Funny about the bridge, and the pedestrian "opening it." People are going to get where they want to go! Doesn't matter if you put up fences, gates, signs, warnings..

Sounds like the city decided to join them, since they can't beat them! It must be hard for you when the terrain changes like that?

Unknown said...

some times, especially since perception is what i have the most trouble with. A step becomes a trip - more times than i want!