Saturday, February 25, 2012

Strange good times

While i was away, i had some "interesting" things happen...
Only to me!
Had a very significant alergic reaction eating a chicken dish at A HEALTH FOOD STORE/RESTAURANT!
Only could have happened to me!
Had a great compassionate experience at the Virginia DMV!
all i can say is WOW!
Saw a beautiful rising moon in the early morning hours at the farm.
I went back to sleep after tho...
Went through 21 very large boxes of photographs and such from my mom...
tens of thousands...remember she was an artist,
so if she saw something that might be incorporated into a painting,
it was photographed for future reference.
I found pictures from early Cyprus - from the teens of my grandfather and great grandfather.
Found my dad's pilot licence (in French of course)!
Going though her paintings, i tried to move a 4" x 6" beam with my head...
Ow, that hurt!
Fortunately, her work was highly sellable and there are not That many paintings, but enough.
My house now has them on the wall in lots of places.
Put aside an old tapistry from my grandmother (whom died when my mom was 11) for my aunt..
Got swarmed by the geese and ducks and chickens and turkeys looking for a handout and fell down among them.
That was kind of fun cause they hooted and hollaredat me like they were concerned for me or something!
prepared a garden for the spring (which seems to be coming early.
It was a lot, busy, fun enjoyable.
Oh yea, we went out to eat often and had some really great food -
Italian (the suace was proper Dan) and some very great seafood (in Va Beach, what do you expect?)

3 comments:

Ileana said...

You've captured all the beautiful moments. Sounds peaceful, except for the time you fell in with the farm animals...but then they were even sweet and compassionate toward you.

Proper sauce is a MUST when it comes to Italian food. Glad you enjoyed it all!

Gail said...

HI JOEY - good to "see" you - sounds like you had many adventures, wow! I have been busy /my Mom - she was at Yale and is now in re-hab - she is very brave. I also lost my balance and fell and loosened a tooth which by the end of the day, fell out! God Lord.
Love you man -
Gail
peace

Anonymous said...

I liked this a lot! Except the falling down and getting hit parts.

What treasures you now have in your house. My family throws everything away..it makes me sad to think of how few personal items are left.