Monday, April 9, 2012

here it comes




I made a very small dent in the, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of photographs that i have from my mom. Here is a smattering of the gems i found :
Dad's Parents in France - 1950's

Mom Fishing with my Dad
Dad fishing with my mom

Mom and Dad in Washington DC - 1950ish
Me and my Dad on Lake Houstin - Uh, fishing - 1950's

Dad Fidshing - Galveston 1970's

Dad and his favorite Buffalo in Colorado
Some of the photos are photos of photos - there were just too many to include them all - but this is a good span.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Galveston Bay! The fishing is still great today.

So many photos. Most of mine will be online when I'm gone. It's not the same as holding a photograph in your hand.

Bless you as you sort through the memories...

Granny Annie said...

I love old family photos. I must ask why your dad had a "favorite" buffalo?

Lori said...

Photos are treasures. They capture a single moment in time that will live on forever. You are so lucky to have these. So Dad had a favorite buffalo? I am not even going to ask....lol..have a great day.

Unknown said...

annie - the buffalo was in an area they passed by in Colorado. The Buffalo was an older one and seemed to like my dad and let him pet him and feed him from the car.
This was the only one to let him do so out of a small herd of twenty, tho the others never bothered him.

Shionge said...

Gosh...these are precious Joey and thank you for sharing all these memorable moments :D

betchai said...

those are priceless photos of wonderful memories Joey, love the most the joy seen in your mom catching the fish :) and the smile in both you and your dad, fishing together.

Salitype said...

oh wow !!! what a great way to reminisce the past -- I love pictures in black and white !!!

aligaga