Sunday, April 1, 2012

Taking Risks

I can not lose weight.
It is because i find great comfort in preparing and eating the food i prepare.
It is not super fatty, but it would not be considered low calorie.
My Doctor, the one who looks after my vision and head, worries about me cooking...
because i am using things that i could hurt myself with because of my vision.
Of course i think i take great risks each day i work where i do.
I think the danger is greater.
I am stubborn and willful
and i have tackle my issues head on.
I do not dance around them.
For severla days, i have been driving solo.
In the morning, when there is not a lot of traffic.
i did it ...
with ease.
I took my self off of driving because i did not trust my vision.
I am trusting my insticts to be careful more.
I will not be taking the car to work...
the end of the day is much too draining for me to try it,
but for short hops,
I think i can.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Joey -
we love to cook and eat too, all good stuff but certainly not portion controlled :-) And driving? I can't see at night and my left leg is weaker and some tomes has a longer reaction time from gas pedal to brake pedal, uh oh!! I think we each know when it is time to stop doing whatever is becoming too risky.
Love you man
Gail
peace....

Shionge said...

Just enjoy what you are doing now, living in the present isn't it :D Just be careful :D

Ileana said...

You know your limitations yet you push yourself and btw, the food you prepare sounds scrumptious! Wish you lived closer so I could sampe it myself.

Anonymous said...

Is that a recent pic of you? Because you look fit to me! I think having to walk is probably a good thing...just sayin'

Unknown said...

This picture is of me before the opeeration - i lost 40 pounds after the operation and have gained 45 back, but do not look much different...cept the eyes. Walking is great for me and i am glad that i had to do it - it made my world - different - i also am even stronger physically than before.

Jenny Woolf said...

Cooking is one of the joys of life and just being alive has some dangers. No point in bring safer but sadder - life is for living. If I had a large property I'd drive on it but I'd still stay clear of public roads until the medical permission in case of meeting some inexperienced driver and changing their life for them... Awful thought... Good luck - you are a brave person with a courageous spirit!