Tuesday, June 26, 2012

i am not done


This requires careful thought,
carefully placed words.

I have not been silent because of problems,
but maybe because of the potential of resolutions.
The results from the new scan
and blood work
tell me something that makes me think,
in a good way,
that my "Adventure" may be coming to a close.

It is not that i am strong,
for i am without a doubt weak,
fearing discomfort and pain.
It is from my weakness that i draw strength.

I shall not bulldoze my way to health,
but it shall come lightly,
as a butterfly lands upon a flower.

Do i call on God for Strength?
Of course i call on God,
but not for strength,
but patience,
for in waiting i shall be found.
Certainly i can wait 6 months for this.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Oh my, such beautiful words to share your reflections of this part of your journey - your faith inspires me.

Love you man
Gail
peace.....

luluberoo said...

Very sweet Joey. You have a grace about you...

Kevin McKeever said...

Hope everything's OK.

Shionge said...

Yes indeed, people do gain strength and stronger through adversity but in your case, I trust that you are indeed a strong man and you know we wish you best of health always.

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

God Bless you, Joey!! Thoughts and prayers are with you. Big (((Hugs))) for you. Try to stay positive. Love how you distinguish between strength and patience. Your peace and wisdom will help carry through whatever lies ahead.

Jenny Woolf said...

A wise and inspiring piece. Patience is something that really is necessary in many difficult situations, and one of the hardest things to acquire if it isn't really in one's nature.