Saturday, June 9, 2012

illness

in the process of tapping this unusual portion of my brain, i have particularly learned from Erin that all life may be expressed in the song of poetry.

I woke last night, cold and damp, struggling just to take a breath.
The thought came and went - Is this my time, this way?
As i gasped for air, i knew i was not dome,
but i was miserable.
I feel so fragile since the beginning of this "Adventure" that i have been on.
I single misstep could be my last.
My own mortality seems always very present,
but this means each breath is still more precious.
So allergies and a miserable cold brought me to this?
I rest today, taking much vitamin C to kick start my immune system.
I still am hot and cold, with the hot being the preferred.
There is much beauty around me...

4 comments:

Gail said...

JOEY - oh my, I so understand that fight in the night when illness takes over. Rest and drink fluids and then rest some more, k?
Love you man
Gail
peace.....

luluberoo said...

I take a second each day to be conscious of the miracle of breath.

Be well, and rejuvenate yourself with the smell of the flowers!

betchai said...

oh Joey, so sorry, I hope you feel better soon, you write very good poetry conveying your pain. I hope and pray you feel better soon.

Lori said...

Joey- Take your Vitamin C and drink alot of fluids. I believe in my heart that you have many more breathes inside of you. You also have an appreciation of beauty. That is a very special gift. Get well soon sweetie.