Tuesday, June 5, 2012

not my final words

The weather in June feels more like a typical March - cool, windy with rain threatening.
We had a few wonderful days, warm, dry, full of sunshine,  last week and a few muggy, stifling days before that (worse than what i remember Houston, Texas ever being).
Tomorrow is my Lab director's last day -
he started before me some 37 years ago.
For the most part he has been an excellent person to work for
(tho i thought he could have left awhile back, mostly for his sake).
When we had disagreements, it was mostly how we perceived things and how things should go.
i tend to be very strong minded.
The work at the lab waxes and wanes in an unpredictable manner:
some days there is literally nothing going on.
I use this time to catch up on "quality control" - the stuff that ensures that everything i work with is working okay.
Then comes days like the last 2 weeks, when every thing comes as a tsunami and i feel like i am drowning under everything that must be done.
These are the days i lose everything when i come home and it takes a weekend to return to normal.
So today at our house is a leftover day - when i just reheat what we have had previously - good and bad.
Not everyday can be creative!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My work at the hospital is the same. Sometimes it's laid back and flows smoothly, other days I'm "running" nonstop for 10 hours with no lunch. I come home frazzled and exhausted. I've been known to go to bed at 8 pm!

Like you, I've learned to rest when my body needs it.

I cannot comment with my wordpress ID, even though that option is given. It does not work, a lot of people have this problem. If you go under your settings and change comments to "anyone can comment" (since you have comment moderation anyway) I can comment with my preferred ID. You don't have to of course..it just makes life easier for the wordpress users;)

Granny Annie said...

Interesting:)