Saturday, July 14, 2012

remembering to be thankful


My frustration level
and anxiety level have been high in the last few weeks.
anticipation over a MRI was probably the root,
this is something that i need to watch,
but is not a major concern as of yet
(6 months for another MRI is okay, what they saw was very small).
but other things added to the mix.
Even in the midst of this,
I have been aware that i need to remain thankful
for i have been given many gifts...
of close friends (family) and neighbors (who have become like family),
of the things around me that are filled with beauty (the garden)
and the unusual things that surprise me in a pleasant way (the Red Hibiscus flower that came only after my mom passed).
Tho the road is not clear to me still yet,
I will remain thankful for all the good things in my life,
despite the trouble.

1 comment:

betchai said...

beautiful blossoms Joey, I do understand all the apprehensions, will include you in prayers that all will be well and that very small one will not grow at all, and thank you always for seeing so many positive things to be thankful for.