Saturday, July 14, 2012

something a bit different

Sacred Heart RC Church
We have a church which i walk past going to work daily.
The people are warm and say hello
and the church seems to be always open.
I have meet both priests and like one a great deal.
For some reason, i was reminded of the first 2 years i was here in Stamford,
from Texas and used to people saying good morning,
even if they did not know you.
As people seem to get more absorbed in themselves,
they tend to not see anything or any one around them.
My walk into work is refreshing
because these people are some how still conected to the world and people around them.

4 comments:

Granny Annie said...

The members would be very pleased to know their church creates such a warm feeling.

luluberoo said...

I can relate. I'm a runner/walker and I'm out and about a lot. I pass the same houses and people often. Some ignore me, some act like I'm an intruder, and others call out a cheerful hello.

Reminds me every day which kind of person I want to be!!

Ileana said...

More places should be this friendly and warm. I love the smile of folks on the streets in passing...and these days it's refreshing to experience something like this, since more and more people are either becoming overly cautious or just self-absorbed.

Shionge said...

To me, the key word in this beautiful post is 'connect' :) Here, everyone is so busy with their own business that they fail to connect with people around them and it is so sad.