Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Embracing change

Today, at work,
I took numbers and put together an average,
in my head.
This was something that i did all the time in the past,
but the numbers were wrong
and there were consequences.
I was upset,
first with myself,
but then i realized that when i am no longer working there,
no one will do this work and what was wrong will not matter.
That left me with a bitter sweet taste in my mouth,
but the thing that is constant in this life is change
and the biggest changes come not  from around us,
nor from others around us or even those we are close to,
but from those which change us.
I am having trouble with this change in me,
but to embrace change,
inside of us,
that is life.

1 comment:

luluberoo said...

I'm having a hard time letting go of work. I went to 3 days a week two years ago. At the end of this year, I will drop to two days a week. For me, this gradual shift to "retirement" is working well.

I know other people want to just cut the cord and get out!