Sunday, October 14, 2012

Discouragement

this follows me,
this haunts me.
It stalks me and tries to do its worse,
but people are in my lives,
they keep telling me what the truth is,
it is not the same thing discouragement tells me.
It is defeated.
Today my inspiration started with Joel Osteen,
It reminds me that i never can see the whole picture,
but that thing do work together for good.
I believe that,
i need to be reminded constantly
because that stalker i mentioned earlier,
it does not say these things
and it takes the smallest things to wreak its havoc.
Another friend helped more,
reminding me that what i do is some for me
and some for those closest to me.
And after that,
nothing else matters.
I have a lot of people close to me
and they all matter very much.
all they need to do is receive it.
I find some of my worth in helping others less fortunate than i,
or may be fortunate in other ways than i.
So looking at things in the former
each of us has something to give each other
so that we are all of equal fortune.

3 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Does your stalker stand on your shoulder and whisper in your ear? That naysayer is difficult to swat away. This was my morning devotional prayer: "Dear God of compassion, when sorrows threaten to overwhelm us, remind us of your presence and help us to remember that you are always near. Amen."

Gail said...

HI JOEY - ya, I have a 'stalker" too, one of grief and loss and dare I say demands to be understood. Good Lord.
Let's get over ourselves and say "f__k it"
Love you man'
Gail
peace....

betchai said...

Sorry to know about your stalker Joey, but at least, like what you said, you are surrounded by a lot more good people to keep the inspiration going .