Sunday, December 9, 2012

Almost limbo

Am i dead?
or just sleeping,
resting,
quietly,
without dreams.

But there was sound and light and peace in that one experience i had.
And now there is a slight uneasiness in my spirit.

then there was nothing but overwhelming peace and comfort.

So this is life,
and i am not asleep,
but rather awake,
still pondering the direction i mist go.

There are noises
and dreams
and people "yammering" trying to disturb those dreams.

Directionless i drifted for awhile,
knowing what i did for so many years,
was no longer important.

A new direction awoke in my heart,
there are many who say it can not be done.
I know it will be.

Such is my confidence in this strange place i find my self,
almost limbo, but not quite.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HI JOEY -
I understand - and this is beautifully written. Relax - you will emerge anew!
Love Gail
peace....

Granny Annie said...

Please find your dreams:)

erin said...

joey))) i hear you and i think i understand. i think i do. your voice sounds familiar, like my own. is this strange? or perhaps it is because we are brothers and sisters.

have you ever read simone weil's gravity and grace, joey? it is a strange book to be read in small sections at a time but it offers such illumination and comfort.

"God gave me being in order that i should give it back to him."

ooohhhhh, i have looked long inside her book just now to bring one quote to you which might entice you to pick up her book but as it turns out it is the experience of reading all of it (which i am only inside of - reading bits and pieces of it off and on and listening to my own life to see where they fit.)

it is a difficult and blessed journey.)))

xo
erin