Saturday, January 19, 2013

taking time

it is suppose to talk as much as
or more than 2 months,
to get used to a routine without work,
to discipline and accomplish,
but me,
me, i am impatient.
You would think that with all i have gone through,
being forced to be patient,
being a patient,
needing to wait...
gently,
i would have learned this lesson,
but no there is still more to go.
I pedal on my stationary bike
and i see things need to be done.
I want to stop and fix those things.
I do not, slowly.
I stopped by an art display,
yesterday in the cold.
I remembered that i had time,
it was own schedule to keep.
Things press,
i am trying to waive them away,
and i think it is working...

3 comments:

erin said...

supposed to is an illusion, joey. your gift is that you get to be yourself:)

oh! did you see this link? it is to a brilliant and honest (heartfelt) conversation with the late maurice sendak: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/01/03/terry-gross-maurice-sendak-christoph-niemann/

live your life, live your life, live your life)))))

xo
erin

Shionge said...

Own time own target ;) Cheers Joey :D

Granny Annie said...

I hope you can adapt in two months. It's been 12 years for me and I still find myself dreaming about the workplace. Since I love retirement, those dreams are really nightmares.