Friday, August 9, 2013

morning

my first awakening is to brewing coffee,
i would wake anyway,
but the smell of coffee awakens me...slightly.
I slowly make my way down stairs,
i do not stumble for i walk carefully.
The first cup is pour; straight black.
I go on to the porch
and am surrounded by the early morning
and all the plants.
It is raining
and humid
and just the slightest bit cool.
To me that is, low 70's.
We had Houston type weather a week or so back,
temperatures reaching the 100's during the day
and i and no one else,
loved it.
This is more typical, except there is a strongish breezy blowing.
My eyes close as i sip my cup of coffee, slowly.
Thoughts of the people i love stumble into my barely awake conscious
and i am thankful for each one.
Each with their own struggles and difficulties to handle.
I wish i could help them all,
but know i can not.
It is early, but there are a few getting ready for work.
Quietly they move passed me on the street.
I take another sip.
The birds are always active
and this is good weather for them.
I sit quietly until my coffee is done and i awake for the second time,
to my life and the daily decisions i must make.

4 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Morning coffee and morning meditations make it easier to face those daily decisions but they are always there awaiting us aren't they? Hey, you deserve good things too so I'll expect your address. email me at granan10@aol.com for your sometime serendipity.

Gail said...

HI JOEY - love the smell of freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning. Mmmmmmmm. Not so crazy about the humidity. Today is dryer. Thanks for stopping by my facebook page. I am doing ok, battling some MS side effects and so forth. Sigh.........each day is a challenge and a gift.
Love you man'
Gail
peace.....

Zenserly said...

What a beautiful way to start one's day....thinking of loved ones their struggles and how you could help them and finding joy in nature....you are one lovely soul...

Zenserly said...

What a beautiful way to start one's day....thinking of loved ones their struggles and how you could help them and finding joy in nature....you are one lovely soul...