Wednesday, August 21, 2013

reflections

i will admit to being a fairly guarded person,
in the very deep areas of my heart.
I do not want to be touched,
for there is pain.
Most of the time you would not notice,
i share best here,
in black and white,
but in a meeting,
face to face,
the walls stand firm.
There are few people who have breached those walls
and they have found me warm and welcoming,
some have abused that privilege...
and so it becomes more difficult to get through.

Should you find your self inside those walls with me,
enjoy,
for there is great warmth and tenderness.
Above, do not try to change it,
for it was built for you....

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

These lines said it all for me:
"i will admit to being a fairly guarded person,
in the very deep areas of my heart.
I do not want to be touched,
for there is pain."