Monday, February 10, 2014

what do you do?


That is the question,
when someone is living in a harmful place,
with more danger to come?
What do you do when the suggestions,
the encouraging words,
the cajoling,
the constant comments
have no effect?
When softness and kindness do not seem to work?
Do you do something,
that you know will be discovered as from you,
even though you know it could be done with out risk?
Do you take that risk?
Do you say, "someone is more important than what is thought of me"?
Do you say; "I will lose this , rather than have them risk harm"?
I did,
i would do it again.
It was not about an adult,
but a child.
Could i have done worse, f i were vindictive?
Yes, for i was told many secrets,
but my action was to move,
not to destroy.
I lose a friend,
a family,
a relationship,
for it is not understood,
but i am certain that it will be for the best
and good will come out in the end,
just without me.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi-
oh my, i feel the seriousness of the situation and the consequence of your choice. if all was to save a child then it is right whatever you did to intervene and that is the only outcome that matters.
love you man
gail
peace....

Unknown said...

oh Gail, you are so kind to me. My biggest mistake was not doing this earlier, but i was selfish because i want to have them (the mother and young dughter near), but in a cramped illegal basement apartment with constant water issues, mold and then sewer smells caused me to act. Her family was angry and i responded simply - "you new the situation, the danger, the problems and she (the mother) has wanted to get out many times, why did you (her family) help her? Even if they end up moving upstairs in the house, it is okay with me, i accept my loss for a childs well being (and i think the mother's also).

Gail said...

hi joey - this is multi-layered and quite emotional for all. remember you are founded in love and if any decision was mis-guided then it speaks to the passion which can often be blinding. take a moment, reflect and know you are a good man
love gail
peace.....

eastcoastlife said...

Glad that you did do your best to help. Hope the child is doing better now.