Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Captain! There be whales! No i mean dirt!

3 days the weather has been warm.
i mean warm enough for me to opened the doors
and air out the stale air of winter in the house.
Yes, i goes away again...tonight,
but with some heavy shoveling,
the solid ice that was my garden
and the path to the garden,
is almost clear.
My heart turns warm,
but i still think of things that have been lost.
It is okay,
they are in hands that are greater than mine
and much better.
I have dug up more pictures...
of people that are no longer
and i remember them with great fondness.
Yes i seem to live in the past,
it sometimes seems strange.
The reasons i do so much that is unfathomable,
is rooted in these past memories.
Tomorrow will be cold,
but a few days of warmth will help me through...
I am terribly effected by the cold,
but warm weather is coming
and a song is begining to chirp in my heart.

2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Thank you so much for visting my blog, and I'm glad I have come over to yours to see this optimistic post. I agree, we are just at the turn of the seasons now. Spring has been early here in England becuase we've had such a warm (but terribly wet) winter but at just longer than this time last year I thought winter would never go. Felt like one of those Hans Andersen fairies had it in her grip ! You will enjoy your spring when it comes.

Jenny Woolf said...

I want to follow your blog but I have a new computer and it's refusing to do it. Guess I need to enter a password or enable something. So I'll be back