Sunday, April 27, 2014

Charon

In Greek mythologyCharon or Kharon (/ˈkɛərɒn/ or /ˈkɛərən/Greek Χάρων) is the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead. (Wikipedia).
How many has it been?
I remember the first,
someone close to my soul,
who passed unexpectedly
and then came to me telling me: "To tell everyone i love them. Gotta go, see you!"
I was speechless,
until the call came
and all i could say was "I already know, thank you.".
There was no reason to know, but i did.
Then the animals,
who reached out a paw
or laid their head on my body to say good bye...
Countless times
and each time i knew when they were no longer here,
though separated by place.
The the big one,
a long time best friend of almost 84,
who chose me to be his final companion,
I still did not understand,
yet a painting i did captured it well.
Crossing over - for a friend

Then yet another who became a girl friend the last year of her life...
why me i would ask,
it is a hard thing to be the last person...
one more companion,
who was an animal, seem to say: "see you soon, we can play then."
Is this just my head
and yet i have been the recipient,
for when i was so bad in the hospital,
after i had spent a brief moment on the other side,
there were children who seemed to know me
and some still.
And those who stayed with me until i was well
or what of those who helped me so much with my mom's passing.\,
did they understand?
My dear friend Art,
who wished to go one last time to lunch to a place only he and i knew of...
i expect to see some one there for me,
when my time comes...
I know they will be there.



No comments: