Sunday, December 21, 2008

Visitors

Some people came over to visit me because the other day. One surprised me, because it was the second time that she had visited and this time she brought a friend, who also surprised me. She surprised me because of the compassion she showed. I had known her as a nice person, who was fun to talk to. The compassion was a surprise and a pleasant one at that. The person she brought with her I had known professionally, he is a lawyer, who does a lot of work with disabled people. The surprise is how nice a person he was. I had kind of expected it because of the work with disabled people, but I was surprised by the depth of it. Of course this is reflection, I was just plain enjoying their company while they were here and it caused even more reflection. Each person I have my life has taught me something and if I look there are positive things to come from each person I meet. This is not dissimilar to Will Rogers "I never met a man I didn't like" statement, but it takes more work with some people.
Frank - I learned true compassion - no more to be said
Marie (Frank's Wife) - I learned that a person can be weak, very sensitive and very stron all at the same time - amazing
David - How to laugh
John - how to approach things cautiously
Walter - How to care
Margarita - How to accept a compliment or a gift graciously

This is my short list of the closest people in to my spirit -there are many others and I have learned good things from each one.

No comments: