Monday, February 23, 2009

Challenges

I think i dealt with the worst of my pre-work jitters a week or so ago. Once i made a decision to go back and a date everything in me seemed to calm down.
This is a good thing because there will be challenges besides my near blindness to deal with. The machine that died last year (the one that allows us to metal analysis) has not yet been replaced, but is in the budget process. There is a budget crisis and supply monies have been cut again.
There will be the annual certification tests that have to be scheduled, but I think the most time consuming to set up (also working with the most dangerous organisms) will not occur this year. It is scheduled to come the second week in March and I will not be ready to work with it.
SO challenges abound, plus the issue of get to and from work.
I live close enough to walk, which is fine in clear weather, but it is bound to rain and buses do not really stop in front of the Government center from where i live. How handle this should be fun.
Well Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work I go, tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're in Stamford right? I found public transportation there to be lacking. Traffic there is a mess. In a way I am very happy not to be working there anymore.

Unknown said...

In Stamford and work in Stamford. I can actually get there faster walking than driving some days!

Unknown said...

I know. That was an issue I encountered while trying to get lunch