Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I will Survive

Yes I went in, even after having last minute worries (I mean really the last minute before i left the house). I made it to 110 AM and that was it. Started by cleaning off my desk and greeting everyone, then went to the 'scopes. First the stereoscope, the one we use for "bugs" and took off the glasses and looked and everything in the field was single. That was a relief and helpful, then over to the microscope and again off with the glasses and we see 2 fields, not helpful especially since they overlapped. Put the glasses on and couldn't get close enough to the eye piece to see at all. So i closed one eye and things worked out okay. Then started cleaning off the environmental area work bench, hot plates etc... Did NOT turn on a computer, but already had a request for data. Of course everyone stopped by to welcome me back, one of the nurses even brought a cake! And the director of Health stopped by also! Started looking at the certification tests I needed to order and then became tired enough that I couldn't see the writing on the pages anymore and knew it was time to call it quits for the day. Tomorrow will be another one.

2 comments:

Stamford Talk said...

Joey K, that's great! I'm glad you did not push yourself on the first day back- 1pm, good enough. I hope you have a good rest of the week. Keep doing ENOUGH rather than overdoing.

Unknown said...

I wish 1 Pm, it was only 11 before my eyes got too tired!