Sunday, March 8, 2009

Okay, there's no label for this one

So my Mom is still in the hospital in VA Beach. I got a good report from my cousin and says mostly they are keeping her for a UTI and observation. Somewhere, someone realized the pain from the bone marrow sample was too much and that is the big deal. SO she will be released to a short term rehab unit until she is back to her normal. Then we find out the results of the bone marrow test some 2 weeks from now.
This really did get me upset, my own BP has been higher than it should be and I have been agitated. On top of that, I popped the lens out of my glasses and was basically blind for half the day. John, the engineer of the house (yes, really a building engineer) put the glasses together and I can see again.
There will be a new upscale Mexican restaurant/tequila bar in Port Chester in June - not in Stamford. I actually encourage first time restaurant's to go to other towns because it is a bit difficult to go through the plan review in Stamford (As Wild Buffalo Wings and Mary Anns' are finding out). I actually approve of the concept (you get it started the best as possible, read as close to CT code here, and then it takes a while for it to go down hill). This in turn retards the occurrence of food borne illnesses due to faulty equipment. It does work cause the number of super investigations have been down since that policy was instituted a while back. Of course the Pellichi's incident happened first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that is terrible news about your mothers fall. I see you have other updates here which I will read and comment on.

It sounds like it is hard for new restaurants to open but a PF Chang's will cruise right on in, right?

Unknown said...

Actually Ricardo, the entire mall restaurant system was set back a minimum of six months from their planned opening. Capital grille was especially displeased because they wanted to start the "aged beef" process and were not able to do so to their liking. I think PF Changes changed chefs twice and the big shots from corporate had to come in to get things done to the HDs satisfaction/
There is NO favoritism, it takes lots of money and effort to get a place opened in Stamford.