Sunday, July 5, 2009

Prisons

I am some what well read, in college i was introduced to the book "Gulag Archipelago" by Alexander Solzhenitsyn. It was an English translation (my Russian at the time was not anywhere good enough to read him in Russian and even less so now). What i remember most (besides the horrific descriptions and that it was very difficult reading) was that although he was imprisoned in the worst prison i could imagine, his mind was free.
So I have found the opposite in my life.


There is darkness and I do not see the stars,
There is the dawn coming, but i only see the night.
In all my life , i have imprisoned my my mind.
And now in my struggle, i see.
That which is creative in me seeks to be free.
Time and time again the doors have swung shut,
Yet even now the jailer and the prisoner seek to become one.

It is when this struggle is over that my physical vision will see as one now.

No comments: