Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas dinner, the day after.

This may seem like a food network blog, but it really isn't.
It is just have that that one of the more pleasant parts of this long recovery is that I seem to be able to cook, well.
Better than I ever could before, trying new things that I have never cooked before.
I also am not a respecter of dates.
I celebrated my birthday the day before.
Because we are having guest tonight, I am cooking Christmas dinner today.
I also make compromises, I wanted something like turkey or Ham or fielt Mingion and John wanted Pork Loin.
We are doing pork loin. Or rather I am cooking it.
I slit it open and stuffed it with apricots pieces and walnut pieces and cut up apples and salt and garlic.
I did a salt/paprika/parsley rub on the outside.
Then I put must orange honey glaze and am roasting it real slow.
Roasted potatoes, honey glazed carrots and salad finish it off.
I bought a chocolate yule Log from Matthew's bakery across the way for dessert.
I think I will have fun with this.

8 comments:

Susan English Mason said...

The meal sounds delicious. I just eat whatever Mr. P serves.

cherie said...

you are a whiz in the kitchen as well as in the lab. sounds really yummy, sir. Merry Christmas!

betchai said...

now, if I can only have some of your yummy foods.

listen for azure said...

Your posts about food always make me hungry!

I'm writing again after working a crazy 6-weeks-without a break schedule. Stop by and visit the new blog sometime. I hope your Christmas was WONDERFUL!

Gill said...

Hello you!
I'm now at http://thedreamingpress.typepad.com

Off now to read more of your posts. Thank you for commenting on sweet indigo life this year. xoxo

Grant said...

I have trouble with eating something called "loin".

I too have been cooking more, but that's more of a result of the bankruptcy than the illness. The illness actually encourages me to get take-out.

Jeannette StG said...

Sounds like a delicious meal you cooked! Nice to have a bakery close:)

patty said...

Sounds DELICIOUS! Pork and apricot go together so very well. I hope it all came out great.